From:
"Cascio, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:26:56 -0400
When I wore my hat as a fundraiser, I found that using personal
"testimonials" worked very well for planned giving.  Approach a member
of your board or just a good friend of the institution about being the
first.  Then ask them to pen a short testimonial as to why they did it,
why the institution is so important to them, and why planned giving is
one of the most financially "painful" gifts you can make.  Then use this
in letters that you can send out to other prospects--preferably ones the
director or board members know.  Get them to sign the letters and add
personal notes.  Trust me, it works.  You can also use this in
newsletters too as a way of launching your campaign.

Good luck!

Chris Cascio
Pottsgrove Manor historic site
Pottstown, PA