From:
Tracie Kay Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:33:50 -0600
Jill-
On the issue of  "particulate vacuums."  I purchased one for this site
shortly after I arrived here because we needed a new vacuum.  I have
been very pleased with it.  In the vacuum in a  large plastic filter
that holds all the dirt that is collected.  One of the things that have
really impressed me is that there are not particulates that reenter the
air.  Also, they have two types of filters availabe and Type 1 for
particles .3 -.5 microns that is very effective with mold clean up and a
Type 2 for .5+ microns for larger dirt.  I generally keep a type 2
always in the cleaner and just put my type 1 in as a need it since that
filters more expensive.  The vacuum has no need of any other bag because
the dirt is all trapped in the filter itself.  I couldn't recommend it
more and in fact I often loan it to some of our other sites when they
need a good particulate vacuum for the project.

Tracie Evans
Curator of Collections, Stonefield Historic Site
WHS Historic Sites Division Registrar