From:
Bernard Barryte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 15:44:19 PST
REPLY TO 12/28/95 05:27 FROM [log in to unmask] "Museum discussion list":
Re: Vermeer & NGA funds

Yet more questions about the financial planning of "our" government:
if they, i.e. Newt and his ilk, want the states to take care of
most everything, why are do they still want the Fed. gov't. to still
do the taxing and then distribute the funds rather than eliminate
the mass of Federal taxes and leave the entire matter to the states;
among other things this would appear to reduce all sorts of federal
expenditures regarding the income and dispersal of funds?  Not that
I am advocating this per se, but it does seem to beg the question of
whether the fed. simply wants the power without the responsibility.
 Moreover, who let the congress exempt themselves---as they did
recently---from precisely this sort of financial impass and
guarentee their own paychecks.  Personally, I think that most
citizens of whichever party would vote to have that self-serving bit
of legislation rescinded!

Bernard Barryte

To:  [log in to unmask]