From:
burkhorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 08:14:46 +0000
Deborah Cohen wrote:
Is there an organization or company that specializes in
techniques, methods, etc.  to help increase and facilitate sales
in non-profit stores and shops?  Are there companies that specialize
in quality merchandise for these stores to re-sell? Do they help
with ideas and not just push imported gizmos and schlock art?

I have just been reading the Museums Review Vol. 22 Issue 1,
the quarterly publication of the Alberta Museums Association. On P.11
they detail a cooperative venture with the Alberta Crafts Council
called the Alberta Heritage Craft Collection..."project to develop
unique, authentic, museum-quality Alberta-made crafts products for
sale in museum gift shops." I hesitate to quote further (copyright
questions haunt me) but if you want a copy of the journal or the
article the address of the AMA is Rossdale House, 9829 - 103 Street
 Edmonton Alberta Canada T5K 0X9 and they have e-mail:

Sounds like a great program.

Mary Burke