From:
"Panza, Robin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:11:38 -0500
We (curators and collection managers) usually do the tours ourselves.
However, these are 15-30 minutes in the department, not 5 minutes.  We have
had members' nights (3-4 hours) and open houses (day- or weekend-long) where
behind-the-scenes areas are opened and extra displays are out.  We also
provide 1-hour lecture/tours for classes (high school and college).  All of
these are done with curators and collection managers.

These events are scheduled either through our Division of Education or
through the Special Events department.

Robin

Robin K Panza                         [log in to unmask]
Collection Manager, Section of Birds          ph:  412-622-3255
Carnegie Museum of Natural History       fax: 412-622-8837
4400 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh  PA  15213-4008  USA