From:
Scott Sumner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:31:16 -0500
I attempted to get a copy of "Star Trek" for a college course once and was
told that there were too many people getting videos for "friends",
"colleagues", etc., so they would not send out copies of tapes.  A majority
of series are now coming out on DVDs, which is probably the easiest way to
get a particular episode (and in a really good quality).  Beyond that, your
looking at recording off the air, but you can search on tvguide.com in your
local area and it will usually tell you the name of the episode that will be
airing as well as the series name.

Copyright law (I believe, could be some other branch...) has an education
clause that allows free use for educational purposes, but the production
companies that make the TV shows in the first place won't send you a tape
for that reason (at least in my experience).  Perhaps if you sent a request
on official letterhead to the production company you could get some results.

	Scott