From:
Jorgen Wadum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:08:54 +0200
Mr Moran

In 1998-99 there was an exhibition called "COPPER AS CANVAS - Two Centuries
of Masterpiece Paintings on Copper 1575-1775" which was held at the Phoenix
Art Museum / Nelson Atkins Museum / Royal Cabinet of Paintings Mauritshuis.
In the catalogue  Prof. Dr. E. Westermann has an essay "Copper Production,
Trade and Use in Europe from the end of the Fifteenth Century to the end of
the Eighteenth Century", p. 117-132. You may find interesting information
here but also several references.
Jørgen Wadum
Chief Conservator
Royal Cabinet of Paintings Mauritshuis