From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 14:24:05 EST
>..snip ...If the best that exists is a flat file database, I might as well
design my
>own with an appropriate field design. Anybody had a POSITIVE experience?

>Byron A. Johnson
>Tampa Bay History Center

Whoa, slow down. There are several relational database packages on the market
that are designed to manage museum collections. My completely biased opinion is
that Vernon Systems package Standard Collection is the best.  I have been using
it since October of 1993. It is fully relational and has several unique features
including a powerful date tool and a great system for managing the history of
the objects in one's collection (at laeast as important as the description of an
object.) Plus with 250 data fields and several user configurable fields, you
should be able to design screens to fit your needs.

You can contact Vernon Systems for more info. or call me at (708)833-1457 Bil
has built a reputation for providing the best support in the business. He
returns phone calls, fax and e-mail queries right away.

Bil Vernon
Vernon Systems Limited
9A Vernon Street
P O Box 6909
Aukland
New Zealand
phone: (649) 302-3147
Internet: [log in to unmask]

Diane Gutenkauf
DISCLAIMER: My opinions are my own, not my employer's.  My support of Vernon
Systems is biased by my relationship to their support personnel.