From:
Arlyn Danielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:41:22 -0400
Dear Mr. Sisley:

I did several museum internships (in American museums) and enjoyed them
immensely.  I learned a lot.  I also did a some general clerical work and
some xeroxing, but that was part of the package.  Regular museum staff also
did this type of work.  However, I wasn't asked to copy, file, type, or do
any other clerical work unless it related to the museum project with which
I was engaged.  I do feel bad for interns who in good faith, sign up to
help with, and learn something substantial in the museum field, and end up
spending an inordinate time at the copier or fax machine.  I think for
someone to have a good internship experience, the internship scope, duties,
and goals need to be spelled out clearly in an agreement signed by both
parties.

Basically, all the work I did as an intern, including clerical work, has
helped me in my career in some way or another.

Arlyn Danielson