From:
Adriaan LINTERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 22:03:41 -0700
Artur Gregorio wrote:

> We are starting a project for the creation of a Eco-museum/Bio-park in
> the South Of Europe.
> We would like to exchange ideas with any one who had some experience on
> this subject and is willing to share it.
> Thanks
>
> What a
> Wonderful
> World this is.

To me, there is only little relationship between nature/ecology and
ecomuseums, the last generally comprising the presentation of the all
aspects of a region in a decentralized way. Ecomuseums present work,
life, man-made and natural environment. Local population is largely
engaged in the development and the activities of ecomuseums.
A very good (one of the best I know) example is the
   Ecomusée de la Région Fourmies-Trélon (North of France)
   - just contact the director, Mr. Marc Goujard -
   Centre Ville
   B.P. 65
   F-59612  Fourmies Cedex
   France
   tel. (+33) 27606611
   (I couldn't find out if they have e-mail, but I don't think they have)

A good book is:
   'Ecomusées en France. Actes des premières rencontres nationales des
    écomusées. L'Isle d'Abeau, 13 et 14 novembre 1986'. (Grenoble, Agence
    Régionale d'Ethnologie Rhone-Alpes, 1987, 267 pp.)

You can obtain it from the overall association of French ecomuseums:
    Fédération Française des Ecomusées et des Musées de Société
    c/o Anciennes Salines
    Tour de Reculoz
    F-39110   Salins-les-Bains
    France