From:
"HARVEY DAVID ... COLLECTIONS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 13:24:03 -0400
I personally think that the challenge is to find a balance - a middle ground between all of these choices - however, if I had to choose one, it would be preservation.  Without original sites, objects, and art,  education and exhibitions would be a rather hollow experience.  Just imagine how altered the experience of some of our National Parks would be for future generations if all of the natural resources and wildlife were stripped away...

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Associate Conservator,