From:
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:15:30 -0700
As a listowner myself, and as one who has helped with the Museum-L list in
the past, I'd like to point out a few things.

First of all, this is a discussion list, not a listserv. LISTSERV is the
name of the software application that runs these lists. As a result, the
DIGEST format is proscribed by the program. I am on Digest, and have no
problems with the format.

Secondly, the folks posting to the list vary in their computer literacy.
Sure, everyone should trim their posts, but some of us forget, or do not
know quite how to.

Finally, no one is getting paid for the work of keeping this list up and
dealing with all the problems it generates. If you feel the list is
unprofessional, I suggest you unsubscribe and start your own. Maybe then
you will appreciate the amount of time it takes to run this group.

Anita Cohen-Williams
Search Engine Optimizer/Guru
http://www.mysearchguru.com
"Get Your Web Site Noticed!"

Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH, & SPANBORD
Archaeology Online Blog (web log)
http://archaeology.blogspot.com