From:
Margaret Pezalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 00:30:09 -0400
I work for a small, non-profit organization and I need to compile a list of 4
or 5 books on contemporary art that would be of interest to people who don't
have a background in the arts. I am looking for introductory books that would
appeal to a general audience that could serve as a sort of "core collection"
of books on contemporary art for a public library.

Can anyone recommend any titles? What are your favorite general reference
books on contemporary art? What books best explain contemporary art to a
non-art audience? Send me a list of your 4 or 5 recommendations - email me if
you don't think they will be of interest to others.

Thanks-
Margaret Pezalla