From:
Robyne Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:58:29 -0700
To clarify, my mail was not in the least a "personal attack"... I don't know
her personally at all, nor was it an attack.  It was a comment on
professional behavior, and I feel it is extremely valid given that her
comment was the seed for so many to feel the need to defend themselves.

I also think it is valid given this discussion, for labeling people by their
generation (or any other bias for that matter) is a serious HR concern.  Why
shouldn't people "get their panties in a bunch" over this issue?

To bring this back to the discussion of employment in a museum, someone
mentioned unionization, which I find very interesting.  While not without
its own problems, unionization would not only protect workers from
discrimination, but also ensure fair treatment across the board.  How do
others feel about this idea?