From:
"Thomas A. Reitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:14:27 -0400
Okay, I know that few of us are thinking about Christmas yet, but some of us
are.

We are looking for good quality reproduction Christmas postcards, ca.
1900-1914, to use as part of a hands-on activity in one of our school
programs.  We would need approximately 5,000 cards.

We are prepared to print these cards using origingals in our collection.
However, we've taken several postcards from our collection to local printers
and we aren't completely satisfied with the possible results - for example
adding the colour gold to print job, makes it a five-colour process as
opposed to four-colour, and it adds to the price.  Most of the postcard
printers insist on putting a glossy finish on the final product.  And the
original cards do not meet current postal standards for postcard size and
postcard printers don't want to adjust their normal print runs to
accommodate a smaller size card.

So anyway, just wondering if any historic sites or museums have reproduced
cards for programming use or gift shop sales.  Or do you know of a
commercial supplier?  So far our searching hasn't turned up any leads.

Thanks - and an early Merry Christmas!

Thomas A. Reitz
Manager/Curator
Doon Heritage Crossroads