From:
"CRAIG M. ROSA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 1994 16:06:27 -0400
Date sent: 16-JUL-1994

In the taxidermy vein:

An upcoming exhibit of ours is in need of some taxidermic specimens of various
birds of many shapes and sizes. How much do these things run pricewise, from
let's say a sparrow to a Great Horned Owl? I am just looking for a ballpark
figure so I know what to expect when I start ordering. :) Any help would be
appreciated. I know there is bound to be a huge variation in price, but even
the roughest estimates are more than helpful.

Also, can anyone recommend a taxidermist that services the greater NYC area?
Can anyone recommend somebody who did some good work for them (hopefully for a
good price?) We need upwards of 20 birds made, and unfortunately I have little
experience in dealing with taxidermy. I can be mailed personally, or if the
info is deemed helpful to all, feel free to post it on the list.

Many thanks to all who offered help in locating our wayward illustrator. We are
well on our way and follwing some good leads. :))

Cheers,

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Craig M. Rosa                                        Home Phone: (718) 834-6894
Email: [log in to unmask]                       BCM Phone: (718) 735-4432
M.A. student, Performance Studies/Museum Studies, NYU                 ,^^^^^^^^
PT Greenhouse Instructor, The Brooklyn Children's Museum     ,^^^^^^^^