From:
Adriaan Linters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:42:39 -0800
Hello All,

For a course I'm teaching at the Institute for Conservation and
Restoration in Gent (Flanders, Belgium) I'm trying to locate the
'International Federation of Friends of Museums - Federation
Internationale des Amis des Musees'. The address I had was situated at
the Louvre, but mail came back as they seem to have moved.

Could Musem-L readers also tell me if there exists a national federation
of Friends of Museums in their country, and does it publish a newsletter
or other printed material.

And a last question: is there sowhere a "Code of Ethics" for associations
that call themselves "Friends of the .... Museum" (for example: what
should be the role of the curator and museum staff in the association,
what about donations or if the association buys artefacts or pieces of
art for the museum, what rights should get their members in the museum or
shouldn't they... etc)

Thank you for your answers !

Adriaan LINTERS
(private) Vredelaan 72