From:
"Panza, Robin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:17:25 -0500
How about both?  If there are lots of photos (as it sounds from your
message), then there must be a reasonable number that are similar enough to
qualify as "near-duplicates".  Pull out the near-duplicates and divide them
into 2 piles, making one pile "history of the town" and the other pile
"organizational documentation".  Of the rest, pick out an assortment for the
documentation and put the majority into the historical pile.  IMO, you don't
need huge quantities of documentation photos, just a decent assortment.  You
can always get duplicates made if you really want something from the
historical collection, can't you?

Robin K Panza
Section of Birds, Carnegie Museum of Natural History
4400 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh  PA  15213  USA
phone:  412-622-3255
fax:  412-622-8837