From:
Bob Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 05:24:25 -0600
Thank you for your suggestion Kay.  After checking our museum web page with
the "Bobby" program, it is evident that I did not have certain accessibility
and browser concerns in mind when I designed the pages.  The results were
very surprising and helpful.

Bob Wood  [log in to unmask]
The Space Center
Alamogordo, NM
http://www.zianet.com/space

for those that might have missed Kay's post, let me repeat the essence here.

CAST, the Center for Applied Special Technology, has a good web page
checker available for use online or as a downloaded version.  It
examines web pages for how accessible they are to users with various
disabilities, and also for compatibility with HTML 2.0, 3.2, 4.0, various
versions of IE, Netscape, AOL, Lynx and WebTV browsers, points out
problems with sloppy coding, and otherwise gives your web pages a
very nice once-over, with suggestions for improving  the technical
end of things.  It also gives you stats on download times, etc.

It's at http://www.cast.org/bobby -- and well worth the few seconds
it takes to run it.

Also on the same page are a good series of links to information about
making your pages technically accessible to as many people as possible.

Kay Lancaster    [log in to unmask]