From:
Nicole Frost <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 21:55:21 -0500
Women played an important role in the development of the Museum of Modern
Art.  They are Abby Rockefeller Jr., Lilly Bliss, and Mary Sullivan.
Several sources worth checking out include:

Barr. Alfred H., Jr. "Chronicles." In: _Painting and Sculpture in the
Museum of Modern Art 1929-1967_. New York: Musuem of Modern Art: 1977;
619-650.

Barr, Margaret Scolari. "Our Campaigns: Alfred H. Barr, Jr., and the Museum
of Modern Art: A biographical Chronicle fo the Years 1930-1944." _The New
Criterion_. Speical summer issue 1987; 23-74.

Goodyear, A. Conger. _The Museum of Modern Art: The First Ten Years_. New
York: by the author; 1943.

Hunter, Sam. "Introduction." In: _The Museum of Modern Art, New York: The
History and the Collection_. New York: Musuem of MOdern Art; 1984.

Kert, Bernice. _Abby Aldrich Rockefeller: The Woman in the Family_. New
York: Random House; 1993.

I hope this helps,

Nicole Frost
Program Asst/Graduate Student