From:
Harry Schram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:21:38 +0100
WE ARE LOOKING FOR HELP...

The Antwerp (Belgium, Europe) City EcoHouse (phase I scheduled to open
in mid-2000) will be a state-of-the-art interactive urban environmental
education facility, incorporating museum-type temporary and (in future)
permanent exhibits, interactives and media presentations about urban
environment and wildlife issues, but focusing on a "sustainable
demonstration home", an average one-family inner-city house where
everything has been (re)designed, decorated etc. to allow for maximum
comfort with minimal environmental impact.

We are in the process of writing a number of strategy documents,
including an external communications plan which has to cover all aspects
of communications with the outside world.  This plan is aimed at all
possible target groups, will include all relevant media, and answer many
(not all) questions about our institution's PR in it's broadest sense.
It will deal with everything, EXCEPT the interpretive communication with
visitors (on-site) or as part of organized outreach activities
(off-site) (this will be part of a different document).

We are looking for similar examples from other institutions, both
environmental (or natural history oriented) and others (e.g. local
history museums, industrial archaeology or heritage exhibits etc.).

Who can help us with some inspiring material ?

Please answer on or of-list ([log in to unmask]), or you can write or
fax us at :

Antwerp City EcoHouse
c/o Municipal Development Unit/Environment
68 Slachthuislaan
B-2060 Antwerp 6
Belgium/Europe
FAX +32-3-235 33 23

Many thanks !

Harry Schram, EcoHouse Co-ordinator
Ann Cockx, Information/Communication Assistant