From:
Jennifer Nuske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 08:14:28 +1000
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your reply. Yes a state archivist will also be involved
with several others in writing this collection policy. It is only that
the policy relates to a highly publicised and controversial incident of
a massacre that I wanted to find out about other collection policies
dealing with, perhaps, similar problems. As well as caveats or embargoes
on release dates etc I would also like to see what community
consultation took place (if any), how they chose what should be kept and
what should be destroyed, methods of conserving material involved and
how to handle publicity of what will become a media mine field. The
process at the moment is confidential.

Since you have been involved with sensitive material you may have
suggestions relating to the above or point me to others with experiences
that could help me.

Thank you again for replying, I was rather disappointed that I only
received two responses.

Regards
Jennifer Nuske