Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 21:01:23 EST
Dean...I VERY MUCH appreciate your comments to Betty about the
Science Museum of Virgina. We are wrestling with this in several
ways (because we have several problems): (a) Science Museum of
Virginia " " is written into the Code of Virginia AS LAW. If we ask
the lawmakers to tinker with it, we also run the risk of our MISSION
(also law) being rewritten in an unfortunate way.) (b) we operate
two (about to be three) science activity centers (museums) AND we
operate an unusually active program of statewide outreach activities
(A Center for Science Education, disembodied) (c) all the horribles
you raised.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your insightful comments (which we will add
to the total discussion).

--
Walter R. T. Witschey, Ph.D.
Director, Science Museum of Virginia