From:
"Jennessa L. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:29:13 -0500
We tell each group that 1 adult for every 10 students
is allowed in for free, and the other adults are
charged a discounted admission (the standard adult
group rate). That usually encourages groups to have
enough adults. We do have a few programs that are a
little more in depth or have a project to go with it,
and we let 1 adult in for every 5 children. Bus
drivers are always allowed in for free.

Jennessa Reed, Programs Assistant
Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute

>Hello,
>
>We ask for a 1:7 ratio, but allow for flexibility
depending on the
>age of the group (more flexible for high school
groups)  or if the
>group has difficulty meeting that ratio.  I do warn
groups that have
>less chaperones then we require that the behavior of
the group will
>affect the ability of other groups from their
organizations/schools
>attending in the future.  Also, chapreones are always
admitted free -
>seems to help out many group in finding the
appropriate number.  Hope
>that helps...
>
>Sincerely,
>Rachel
>____________________
>Rachel A. Kieselburg
>Assistant Director
>
>William F. Eisner Museum of Advertising & Design
>208 North Water Street   Milwaukee, WI 53202
>
>e: [log in to unmask]                    p:
414.847.3290
>w: http://www.eisnermuseum.org                  f:
414.847.3299

>A component of the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>We are considering adopting a policy that specifies
how many adult
>>chaperones must accompany a visiting school group,
i.e., one adult per x
>>students.  This is important for numerous reasons,
one being that groups
>>must cross a busy intersection to visit one stop on
the tour, another being
>>that museum staff (paid or volunteer) should not be
alone with a
>>student(s).
>>
>>I'd be especially interested in hearing from those
who have tours with
>>multiple buildings involved --
>>
>>What ratio do you use for groups -- 1:5, 1:10, 1:x?
>>How strictly do you enforce your policy? Have you
refused a group for
>>insufficient supervision?
>>
>>Obviously, this policy would be aimed primarily at
elementary school

====
>>Important Subscriber Information:
>>
>>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>>http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
obtain detailed
>>information about the listserv commands by sending a
one line e-mail
>>message to [log in to unmask] . The body
of the message should
>>read "help" (without the quotes).
>>
>>If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
line e-mail message to
>>[log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should read
>>"Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

===
>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
obtain detailed information about the listserv
commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the message
should read "help" (without the quotes).

>If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] .
The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L"
(without the quotes).

>--============_-1186583647==_ma============
>
><!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
>blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-
bottom: 0 }
> --></style><title>Re: Chaperone
flexibility depending on
>the age of the group (more flexible for high school
groups)&nbsp; or
>if the group has difficulty meeting that ratio.&nbsp;
I do warn groups
>that have less chaperones then we require that the
behavior of the
>group will affect the ability of other groups from
their
>organizations/schools attending in the future.&nbsp;
Also, chapreones
>are always admitted free - seems to help out many
group in finding the
>appropriate number.&nbsp; Hope that helps...</div>
>Rachel A. Kieselburg<br>
>Assistant Director</font><br>
of Advertising &amp;
>Design</font></div>
Street&nbsp;&nbsp;
>Milwaukee, WI 53202</font><br>
>[log in to unmask]<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
></x-tab><x-
tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
></x-tab><x-
tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </x-
tab>p:
http://www.eisnermuseum.org<x-tab>&nbsp;
></x-tab><x-
tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
></x-tab><x-
tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </x-
tab>f:&nbsp;
>414.847.3299</font></div>
Milwaukee Institute of
>Art &amp; Design</font></div>
>We are considering adopting a policy that specifies
how many adult<br>
>chaperones must accompany a visiting school group,
i.e., one adult per
>x<br>
>students.&nbsp; This is important for numerous
reasons, one being that
>groups<br>
>must cross a busy intersection to visit one stop on
the tour, another
>being<br>
>that museum staff (paid or volunteer) should not be
alone with a<br>
>student(s).<br>
>I'd be especially interested in hearing from those
who have tours
>with<br>
>multiple buildings involved --<br>
>What ratio do you use for groups -- 1:5, 1:10, 1:x?
>How strictly do you enforce your policy? Have you
refused a group
>for<br>
>insufficient supervision?<br>
>Obviously, this policy would be aimed primarily at
elementary
>school<br>
>groups,<br>
>summer camps, or similar.<br>
>Thank you,<br>
>Christine Dwyer<br>
>Stanly County Museum<br>
===<br>
>Important Subscriber Information:<br>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at<br>
>http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
obtain
>detailed<br>
>information about the listserv commands by sending a
one line
>e-mail<br>
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of
the message
>should<br>
>read &quot;help&quot; (without the quotes).<br>
>If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
line e-mail message
>to<br>
>[log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should read<br>
>&quot;Signoff Museum-L&quot; (without the
quotes).</blockquote>
===