From:
Eric Solberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:38:16 +0000
Sorry, I didn't include everything in my first description of what we
hold in our collection.  Included are:

Point-of-sale advertisements (1930s to present)
Cigarette displays (late 1800s to present)
Promotional items (eg, t-shirts, jackets, caps, bags, other items)
Cigar art, cigar boxes, and cigarette boxes
Cigar and cigarette holders (1800s to 1950s)
Pre-embargo cuban cigars
Cigarette pack collection (more than 5,000, early 1900s to present)
Tobacco trading card collection (late 1800s to 1940s)
Original art from editorial cartoonists, donated by cartoonists, on the
subject of tobacco (1970s to present)
Roughly 4,000 anti-smoking posters from around the world
Collection of toys with tobacco logos (1930s to present)

I'm sure I'm leaving something out.  And yes, a large part of the
collection can (and we hope will) be shared via the internet.

By the way, thanks to all who have responded via the list and my
e-mail.  I've heard from several tobacco museums in different countries,
and we did not know so many existed.  Still, we seem to be the only
one's who want to show both sides of this issue.

Eric Solberg
5615 Kirby Drive, Suite 440
Houston, TX  77005
(713) 528-1127