From:
Richard Waller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 21:13:10 -0400
If you know artists who do intentionally funny works on paper, please let
them know about our exhibition opportunity:

"What's So Funny?: National Works on Paper Biennial" is a competitive
juried exhibition open to all artists residing in the United States that
will be a celebration of the humorous side of art, seeking works on paper
in which artists examine various types of visual humor, to be held at the
Marsh Art Gallery, University of Richmond, March 20-May 16, 1998 (will tour
the state of Virginia for two years through the Virginia Museum of Fine
Arts). We are looking for humorous images from the absurd to the sublime:
from wit and whimsy, to parody and satire, to pun and free-association, to
surrealistic incongruities and comic nonsense.  $20 fee for 3 slides.
Juror: Nicholas Roukes, is an artist, author, and professor of art
emeritus, University of Calgary, Alberta. He has written extensively about
art, and his many books include his 1997 book "Humor in Art: A Celebration
of Visual Art."  For a prospectus, send SASE: Marsh Art Gallery, University
of Richmond, VA 23173. Or e-mail [log in to unmask] Or call (804)
289-8276. Deadline: January 16, 1998.

Thank you.

Richard Waller

Richard Waller