From:
Jay Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:02:47 -0500
Suzanne, I work at the Met where, as you may be aware, there's a Foreign
Language desk. There maps of the museum, plus a brochure on what you can find
in the Met, are available in French, Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese, and
Japanese. And we staff the desk, as much as we can, with people who  speak
one or more of those languages. There's a sign that greets people as they
walk in, and tells them in their language of this service. Of course, we
don't have anything to offer Koreans, or Russians, and some others, but it's
a good start, I think. Let me know if I can do anything to help you. Jay
Fahey  (580-3735)