From:
david franklin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 1994 05:00:23 +0000
National Railway Museum  York England has currently
a show on railway posters -suggest you contact
Beverly Cole the organiser.(NRM has lots of ephemera and
railway goodies,but no ref to black workers-our railways
were mostly built by Irish 'navvies',tho I'm sure the same kind of
issues arise-maybe skin colour is not the issue here. And at the risk of
betraying the fact that my understanding of american railway history
is derived mainly from Kung fu movies -weren't yours built by chinese
and european emigrant workers?)

--
david franklin
National Museum of Photography,Film and Television