From:
Ann Trowbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 16:51:00 E
Dear Listers,

We seek your recommendations on software programs for maintaining a working
digital library of architectural photographs.  We need to be able to work
within it, to drag and drop and activate other software including Photoshop,
Pagemaker, Quark.  Multiple search string possibilities are needed.  We will
use the program primarily for preparing reports and proposals, but also for
books, exhibits and as a design tool.  Our photo librarian likes the Cumulus
program that only runs on a Mac -- is there something with comparable
capabilities that runs in Windows NT?

We expect to eventually rely on a digital system, so a program/company that
will be there for the long haul and will be compatible with others'  (like
AUTOCADD has been for drafting) is desirable.  Ease of use and learning of
the system is desirable, but we do have a computer saavy staff.

Thanks,

Ann Trowbridge