From:
George Ulrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 07:53:23 -0500
The following is submitted on behalf of Jennifer Pieters, Grad Intern:

"I am an intern at the MPM under supervision of Dawn Scher-Thomae,
Collections Manager for Anthropology.  Currently, I am in the planning
stages of a one-year educational exhibit proposed for the Fall of 1997.
The exhibit will focus on the role of children over time and across the
world.  The exhibit will display children in a wide variety of
environments (work, school, play, etc.) with the intention of inviting
visitors to participate in those environments.

Would you have any information concerning such an exhibit, wither from a
similar exhibit your museum has presented, or any other (ideas) or
experience.  If your institution has created an exhibit like this, I
would appreciate data concerning it successful/unsuccessful components.
Not only am I interested in the exhibit itself, but also ideas for
related activities or weekend workshops and marketing strategies.  Please
send responses to the attention of J. Pieters at this e-mail address."

Thanks you,

George Ulrich, Curator
African & Pacific Ethnology
Milwaukee Public Museum