From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:58:29 -0800
TYPE OF MENTOR SOUGHT:

One who can help me parlay my corporate
legal/insurance/museum/art experience into an
administrative position in a museum

AND/OR

Someone who has insight and/or insider knowledge that
might help me position myself with the Smithsonian or
the National Women's History Museum

CONTACT ANNEMARIE BY EMAIL AT:

MEET ANNEMARIE BRENNAN RICE

I am not a typical museum professional up-and-comer -
- I am a lawyer.  I graduated from law school, 5 1/2
years ago.  Before that I worked for an commercial
liability insurance agent.

I am also a docent at the Corcoran Museum of Art in
Washington, DC.  And before law school I was a student
at Parsons School of Design for a year and half in
their now-discontinued "curatorial studies" program.

I am a member of the AAM and recently joined the
Management Committee (chaired  by Jane Piasecki) but
haven't done much with them yet.  I am also a member
of the Arts, Entertainment and Sports Law section of
the DC Bar,  but they don't seem to have much planned
concerning art law these days.

Anyway, what I've decided I really would like to do is
find a way to parlay my corporate
legal/insurance/museum/art experience into an
administrative position in a museum.  In fact there's
this very interesting opening at the Smithsonian
American Art Museum for an assistant director.

I'd love it if I could find a mentor to show me how
to take my combined experience and translate it so it
fits into the job description, and maybe provide some
insight into the specific skills and experience that
the director (Elizabeth Broun) and deputy director
(Charles Robertson) might look for or value most in an
assistant director.

Recently, I learned about the National Women's History
Museum planned for a Washington DC locus, and the
concept excites me and inspires me to want to become
involved.  I'd love to find someone who could help me
open a door for that kind of an opportunity.

A resume can be provided either from me, or through
Indigo, for those who are interested in assisting me
in my quest.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try: