From:
Sheila Kulkarni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:58:48 +0100
I have one word of advice.  Be very careful about taking a job that you are
over-qualified for.  I was in the exact same position, I took a job ( and a
salary cut) similar to yours with a promise that there would be room to
expand.  Two years on I'm still admin. ass. and have been told that there is
no room to move within the institution because my (a) I'll end up stepping
on someone else's toes and (b) my duties are defined as Admin. Ass.

Admin. Ass. jobs can be good for getting your foot in the door at the
beginning of your career but the  bottom line is your title will be Admin.
Ass. your duties will be assisting and can YOU work in that situation,
particularly if you are ambitious.  You could use it as an opportunity to
make new contacts and then move after a year.  But make sure you leave after
a year.