From:
CharlesBkr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 01:16:09 -0500
I haved had approx. 18 months of expierence with Multi Mimsy at the US Air
Force Museum in Dayton Ohio.  I have found the application to be very user
friendly and flexible enough for the most knowlegable user to put the
database through its paces.  The museum converted from a contractor
developed legacy system that was less than adequate.  While there were
problems with the data conversion it was for the most part caused by what
we provided (garbage in garbage out).  Mimsy is multi displine software so
you must keep in mind that you can't be all things to all people.  The
collection managed is very diverse from underwear to nuclear weapons and
Mimsy has lent itself very well to our collection.  Willoughby has taken a
lot of negative shots concerning their user support--I would like to set
the record straight--from my expierence the support has been outstanding.
Any database problems our handled immediately.  The staff is very
knowledgeable in museum procedures, this makes it much easier than dealing
with software programmers that don't always understand musuem procedures.
All in all I would give the application an 8 1/2 on a 10 scale.  After all
whose perfect?  If you would like anymore information please e@mail mail
me at this address.

Jerry Baker
USAF Musuem