From:
Jason Dennison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 10:37:10 -0400
I have two options for you. They are both pretty simple to implement and require no additional software. Granted, they may not be super-sophisticated, but in a pinch...

The first is using Powerpoint, but rather than inserting an image into a slide (i.e., Insert>>Picture>>From File), you can set the images as a background on each slide (Format>>Background>>Fill Effects>>Picture>>Select Picture>>OK>>Apply). This GREATLY reduces the file size but keeps the high quality image and automatically resizes it to the slide.

The second option is to use the "Slide Show" feature which is standard on Windows XP and newer. Keep all related images in a single folder and it makes it easy to do.

Jason A. Dennison

Director, Instructional Technology

Cincinnati Museum Center

1301 Western Avenue