From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:38:29 -0600
Stephen,

Reading what you wrote, I could not escape visions of "Caroline in the
City."  Caroline, the happy and wholesome Wisconsin-born cartoonist, with an
ultra-mod condo filled with sketches of a cutsy cartoon character balanced
out by Richard, the embittered and morose Big-City-born "artist," living in
a squalid studio apartment, surrounded by large non-representational
paintings about "dark" subjects.

Naturally, they are exaggerated stereotypes.  Not politically correct, but
funny?  Stereotypes are "bad" for individuals to believe in and apply, but
are suitable fodder for mass entertainment productions that have far wider
impact.  Is it just me, or does this seem skewed?

My happy thought for the day . . . ROTFL!

Best wishes, sincerely,
Jay