From:
Anne-Marie Fenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:23:33 -0800
I would have to disagree with you on this.  My programme taught me about
analyzing policy, situations, projects, problems, plans, organizations,
looking at the big picture as well as aspects of it, and it gave me
confidence to present and debate that information to people so that we
could think about options for solutions and future directions in organized
ways.  I would not trade that experience for anything.

On Fri,
13 Nov 1998, John Engman wrote:

> I have a MBA from Northwestern and many years experience in museums and
> cultural institutions. My view is that MBA's give you skills that would be
> pertinent to general management (CEO), finance, administration and, possibly,
> development (major gifts, planned giving). Otherwise, it is a waste of time
> and money, although it could position you for work outside the museum field if
> and when you want to move on.
>
> John Engman

Anne-Marie Fenger
(formerly Museum of Anthropology