From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 23:56:56 -0700
Mickey-
Dan mentioned Wright State University in Dayton Ohio.  I graduated from
there in 1999 and felt it was an excellent program.  They actually have a
Public History Program which is designed to expose you to multipy types of
history work setting including archives, museums, preservation,
administration, etc.  I had no trouble finding a position after graduation
and have found that the multiple exposure in all of these fields has been
extremely helpful because few positions are very specialized and you often
use many different skills with many jobs.  Another nice aspect that I liked
was that you have some freedom to focus on a type of specialization to gain
more experience.  Wright State has great relationships with many of the area
institutions which allows they to assist you in arranging for your required
internship and final project. If you have any questions feel free to contact
me.

Tracie Evans
Curator of Collections
Stonefield Historic Site