From:
Bryan Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 08:31:49 -0500
     As with all other policies in an institution or business, it should be
     laid out in writing that all materials generated by the activities of
     the office are office property and can only be used by personnel with
     the permission of the institution.  In terms of conservation treatment
     slides and such, there is a need for slide copies for portfolios,
     slide copies for workshops, et cetera.  These situations are normally
     ok when asking for the them, but a clear and documented policy will be
     better for everyone.
     He or she should know better.  This is not his/her home.

     Bryan Allen Owen
     Senior Preservation Technician
     Frederick Law Olmsted NHS
     99 Warren St.