From:
Suzanne Quigley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 11:09:34 -0500
The comment below, I think, is carrying it a bit far.  I, as well as other
museum registrars, have used the previously mentioned company many times
(and we have used several other compnaies as well)..  How do you think
those big block buster shows get from one place in the country to the next!
...and they get there safely.  Ask for air-ride, climate control, dual
drivers.  Ask for the route, send a courier to *supervise* along the way
(dock to dock), have the drivers stay in touch with the dispatcher by
radio/phone, send a follow car.  Never use a trucking company that doesn't
deal exclusively with fine art or that doesn't have a fine arts/electronics
division - and your stuff won't get banged up.  Good crates are a matter of
course.

Suzanne Quigley
Head Registrar, Collections and Exhibitions
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
1071 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
212 423 3568