From:
"R. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 1994 20:11:59 GMT
Eileen Mak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  The answer to your question lies in your question; these are
> _professional_ organizations. Not allowing the public to join
> professional organizations is not considered elitism on the part of any
> other profession, why should it be so on the part of museums?

Seems to me that most museums were founded by "amateurs" and are
supported by them. And a good board of directors has variety of
expertise. Are museums the result of the benevolence of the
professionals or the desire of the interested public? It's something
to keep in mind as we explore the possibilities of new technology.

Gobble Gobble

Robbin Murphy