From:
Sabrina Henneman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:49:38 -0400
Very true. Past Perfect has a form for temporary custody, which makes
this very easy. You can print off blank forms and leave them at your
admissions area. It has a place to check that it is an unconditional
donation, etc. as well as contact info. and a signature. However, donors
should be very strongly discouraged from leaving things without speaking
with someone in collections - that's how we end up getting stuff from
the 20th century left when we're a 19th century museum! Very annoying.

In any case, Past Perfect's form is helpful to use.

Sabrina Henneman
Registrar
Genesee Country Village & Museum
www.gcv.org