From:
Trowles - Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:55:34 -0000
Dear Listers

This is a bit of strange request I know but here's hoping someone can either help me directly, or can put me in touch with someone who can?

One of our students is looking for a source of vintage travel brochures. In particular, she's looking at how the design and look of the travel brochure has changed over time and how this may have affected the marketability of the destination itself.

And this is where it gets very specific. She's looking for brochures that featured/advertised San Francisco from the 1950s to the present day!

Does anyone know of any museums or collectors she can get in touch with directly?

Many thanks

Peter Trowles
Taffner Curator, Mackintosh Collection
Glasgow School of Art