From:
JIM FRICKE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 15:06:00 PDT
Our institution is in the beginning stages of developing an interactive
multimedia system to facilitate access to its collection of artwork, moving
images, and sound recordings.  The July/August 1995 Museum News has an
article on the system developed by the National Gallery of Art.  That system
provides images, information, and cross-referencing for 2000 objects.  The
article reports that development was accomplished through the efforts of a
staff of 7, along with "about a dozen curators and a half-dozen educators"
over a period of about  24 months.
I'm assuming that the curators and educators worked part-time on the
project, and the staff of 7 were full-time on the project.
Anyone else out there have experience with a project of this scope?  Does
this schedule and level of staffing conform to your experience?  Any
National Gallery of Art people out there on this list who might share some
more information?
Thanks

Jim Fricke
Experience Music Project