From:
"Trumble, Kate" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 09:38:12 -0500
Heather,

We (Discovery World Museum, Milwaukee, WI) have what we call an Educator
Membership that is free.  We started it in the spring of 1999 and gave each
teacher a two year membership so we will be reviewing the pros and cons of
the program soon.  Teachers receive all of the regular member benefits plus
free IMAX movie previews, a curriculum guide to our programs and access to
teacher inservices here at the museum.

We've had a huge response (obviously since it is free) and have seen our
school group attendance rise dramatically.  It is, however, a considerable
budget burden on our membership department and one of the things we are
considering for the future is charging a very low price or asking our
educator members for donations to our annual campaign.

Hope this info helps.
KateTrumble
Discovery World Museum