From:
"Krok, Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:38:12 -0400
At the Baseball Hall of Fame we have 25 summer interns and spend quite a
deal of time creating methods of accountability for the students.  We
have a learning contract that the student completes within their first
two weeks. The supervisor and the intern both sign off on the form and
review it again before the end of the internship.  We actually have a
syllabus with assignments. The quality and completion of these
assignments plays a role in the intern's final evaulation in the
learning contract.
Finally, we have created an intern policy manual that is based on the
staff polciy manual, but specific to the interns and their particular
issues.
I hope this helps.
Melissa Krok
Assistant Manager of Education
National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum