From:
Carol Kocian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:36:00 -0400
Hi  Lisa and list,

     There is a Yahoogroup, SaveOldNOLA, for discussion of preservation
concerns.  The description is:

I would like to propose something. I know that alot of the older homes
that got the worst of the flooding will most likely have to be taken down,
we can not let everything be lost, I would like to get together a group of
presevationists to remove the most notable architectual components of the
homes before they are lost. The Salvage from these homes would be
warehoused and made available to those that need to repair flood damage on
existing homes. What is left, would be donated to habitat for humanity to
go into the construction of new homes.

Group Email Addresses
Post message:	[log in to unmask]
Subscribe:	[log in to unmask]
Unsubscribe:	[log in to unmask]
List owner:	[log in to unmask]

     They have mentioned the Preservation Resource Center and I'm sure
would welcome some expertise by museum professionals.

     -Carol