From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:16:57 -0700
There are many, many advantages to having a list
composed of members from across the United States (and
around the world), but salary comparison is not one of
them.  Standards of living (the most significant of
which is housing), are quite different all over, so if
one offers a salary figure, it's going to take someone
aback someplace.

$55-$95K is appropropriate for Manhattan but may be
quite off the mark for Iowa.

There's a tool on my employement web site (a page full
of links related to employment), in the Topics
section, that is called a Salary Calculator.  In doing
these kinds of comparisons, you can take a figure from
one area and translate what one would need in a
different area to live a comparable life style.

My employment page is always at the end of my sigfile,
but the link I'm referencing can be found here:

http://www.homefair.com/homefair/calc/salcalc.html?NETSCAPE_LIVEWIRE.src=homefair

--- "Scott D. Peters" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Nicholas Burlakoff wrote:
> > The salary range for an Executive Director for a
> small local  museum
> should
> > be in the range of $55-$95 k.
>
> Oh really. I worked for the 501(c)3 that
> administered a major historic site
> whose directors were paid $35,000 with the option of
> housing, in Central New
> Jersey. I served as interim director for 10 months
> for the princely sum of
> $19,650 and didn't even get the housing.
>
> Just my 2 cents
>
> Scott D. Peters
> "Will do history for food..."
> Historically Speaking
> ALHFAM -FPIPN vice-chair for trivia, errata and
> miscellany

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414