From:
Jason MacLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2012 21:20:59 -0500
Hi all,

I have been tasked by my institution to come up with a plan to install a sound system for the entire main gallery. The gallery is 7,617 square feet and has ceilings ranging from 9 feet to 30 feet high. The plan is to use the sound system not only for public address, but also to provide sound reinforcement for curators while conducting gallery tours.

I’m looking for advise, warnings, recommendations, any help at all from someone who has been down this road before. Does anyone have a system like this in their gallery, presently?  What kinds of problems have you run across? Has anyone hired a company to do a sound system installation in a gallery that they would recommend? Have you hired someone that you wouldn’t  recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jason MacLeod