From:
Stan Woodard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:23:25 -0500
Wikipedia.com has become my instant source for online information and
this is what it says about napkin.  I also searched serviette and got
the same result--

Napkin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
(Redirected from Serviette)
Jump to: navigation, search
A napkin is a small square of cloth or paper used at table for dabbing
crumbs and juices from around the mouth while eating. The word is from
Middle English, borrowing the French nappe- a cloth covering for a
table- and adding -kin, the diminutive suffix.

Conventionally the napkin is folded and placed to the left of the place
setting, outside the outermost fork. In an ambitious restaurant setting,
or a caterer's hall, it may be folded into more or less elaborate shapes
and displayed on the empty plate.

A 'napkin' is also a small scarf placed on the head by a woman entering
a Roman Catholic church, as a conventional token of modesty.

The word nappy is a Commonwealth English term equal to the North
American English diaper.

In its use online, "napkin" means awesome, when used along with the
separated prefix "happy". This refers to Nappy or Napster. Ex: "That is
a napster sweater you are wearing."

Napkin can also be used as a phrase which means "I love you," as in: "I
napkin Olivia," or "I love Olivia."

Stan Woodard
Communications Director
Atlanta Contemporary Art Center