From:
Robert Swieca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 10:03:00 PDT
At the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney, Australia we have a variety of
performance spaces:

1. 300 seat theatre with stage area that can be converted into a 200 raked
seating space with a large flat

2. our outdoor courtyard that has seen rock bands perform on a stage system
that we have set up

3. the main indoor space is the Turbine Hall, a vast Victorian industrial
building with a large open space that is over 20m high, overlooked by two
levels.... the main performance part of this space is 9m wide by about 20 m
long. We have set up stages all over the place here which work extremely
well for all kinds of performance and dance.

4. a smaller space in our Boiler Hall, with a seaplane (Catalina) suspended
overhead.  this is a raised space that is accessed by stairs and moves
through to our space exhibition but it has the backdrop of one of the huge
turn of the century railway destination boards form our Central Railway.
this spot can seat about 60 or about 100 standing and had balconies
overlooking it. It is great for musical performances a of a more intimate
kind.

Robert Swieca
visitor services
Powerhouse Museum